The following item is courtesy of the Georgian Bay Amateur Radio Club. If your club has an upcoming Canada 150 event please send it to and we will be happy to share it.
Radio Amateurs of Canada has secured permission for all Canadian Radio Amateurs to use special call sign prefixes to celebrate the 150th anniversary of Canada's Confederation.
The Georgian Bay Amateur Radio Club (GBARC) has been granted the special call sign VC3OS for its use throughout all of 2017 to commemorate the sesquicentennial as well as the 160th anniversary of the City of Owen Sound.
To encourage participation and to challenge Georgian Bay Amateur Radio Club (GBARC) members by way of Amateur Radio operations in celebration of the Canada 150 anniversary.
This is a fun activity meant to engage and promote Amateur Radio within Canada and the GBARC membership. We are encouraging all GBARC members to participate in this Canada-wide QSO at our club level.
- Obtain 1 QSO contact per Province or Territory (13) in Canada, 1 point per QSO will be awarded using any mode of operation on any band between February 1 and December 1.
- A minimum of 10 points is required to complete this challenge.
However, you don't have to stop here, we are also looking for:
- Top QSO Point Score which will include an operator with the minimum of 10 contacts (identified above) as well as their total number of QSO contacts within Canada during February 1 and December 1.
- Any mode of operation can be used. (CW, QRP, PSK, EHCO Link Voice etc
- Any band of operation is permissible. (2m, 70 cm, 6-160 MHz etc)
** Record all of your contacts and email your completed QSO contact form(s) to each month. These results and any information updates will be posted on the GBARC Forum for your interest.
Recognition & Awards
Recognition for participation and completion of this challenge as well as an award for the Top QSO total point score will be presented at the GBARC Annual Christmas Luncheon.
For more information on the GBARC Challenge visit http://www.gbarc.ca/Canada_2017.php
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me or see the GBARC Forum.
Canada 150 Coordinator