RAC 25th Anniversary Challenge Coin
In May 2018, Radio Amateurs of Canada was pleased to introduce the special 25th Anniversary Challenge Coin as part of its year-long celebrations. The coin was designed by Mike Hutchison and was custom-designed and manufactured by KingPins for RAC.
Its design depicts the commitment to a strong 25 years of Amateur Radio with a large maple leaf acknowledging a true sense of Canadian pride. The back design is the classic RAC logo with a beautiful gold crest and accents. It is a unique collectable and is a great collectors piece for any member of the Amateur Radio community.
In his Message in the November-December 2018 issue of The Canadian Amateur magazine, RAC President Glenn MacDonell, VE3XRA, indicated:
There has been a good response to the RAC Challenge Coin Program in which a limited number of collectible coins were created in honour of RAC’s first 25 years. These are available to anyone donating $100 or more to RAC.
Each has a unique serial number (#001 went to the person contributing the most in the first two weeks and the next to go was #073 ). Many contributors picked the year they became an Amateur or other personally significant numbers.
We still have some Challenge Coins available and they can be ordered by completing the online form (see below) or by calling the RAC office. They could be a good way for clubs to honour a member for an important contribution. They would also be a great birthday or Christmas present. ”
Through the RAC Challenge Coin program, we hope to raise sufficient funds to make RAC stronger and enable it to deliver more services and benefits to our members and to Amateur Radio in Canada and internationally during our next 25 years.
The RAC 25th Anniversary Challenge Coin was unveiled at the Dayton Hamvention and began with a special promotion which is described below.
Special Promotion: May 21 to June 3
- Commencing Monday, May 21 and continuing until Sunday, June 3, participants in the RAC Challenge Coin program who pledge donations to RAC of $100 or more will receive a special serialized coin commemorating RAC’s 25th anniversary.
- The individual who makes the largest donation to RAC by the end of day on Sunday, June 3 will receive the very first RAC Challenge Coin #001.
- Orders should be sent to RAC Headquarters at after May 21 and will be filled in the order they are received. If a specific serial number is not requested, the participant will receive the next available coin.
- Donors will be able to request specific serial numbers from #2 to #124, however if your number has already been purchased you will receive the number closest to it.
- RAC Challenge Coin #125 will be reserved for RAC Headquarters unless a participant is able to show that this number has some special significance.